Co-Curricular Fee Payment
In June 2017 the School Committee approved the following policy regarding the user fee for participation in Co-Curricular Activities:
- Students in grades 9-12 will pay an annual user fee of $110 allowing them to participate in all activities. User fees will be paid prior to participation in any club or activity.
- By regulation of the Department of Education, a user fee may not be applied to elected activities (STUCO eboard & Class Officers). All co-curricular clubs will be subject to the activity fee unless exempted by School Committee.
This policy appears on pages 37-42 of 2020-2021 Student Handbook here: https://www.duxbury.k12.ma.us/domain/817
In order to participate in Co-Curricular Activities, students must be cleared by Assistant Principal Jen Cotton-Herman. Please visit her in the main office with any questions or email her: firstname.lastname@example.org
Students will be cleared to participate by doing ONE of the following:
- Parents paying the $110 user fee using the Unipay Gold payment procedure outlined below
- Families can make a request for financial aid by completing the request form found here: https://forms.gle/59UdTccFRruPf8p4A
Unipay Gold payment procedure: (for parents)
- follow this link to the Unipay gold website https://unipaygold.unibank.com/
- in the Search box, scroll down and select "Duxbury Public Schools"
- under the Transactions list on the left, select "DHS Co-Curricular Activities"
- fill out all the required information and click "add to cart"
- in the cart, verify the fee is $110.00 and click "Checkout"
- select the payment method* and complete the transaction.
*The two payment options are as follows:
- Electronic Check--You will need one of your checks with you when you pay your bill online in order to get your account number and bank's routing number from it. You will be shown where this information is on your check. There will be a $0.25 processing fee for all electronic check payments.
- Credit Card--Unipay accepts MasterCard, AMEX and Discover for credit card payments. There will be a convenience fee for each online payment. The credit card service provider charges the fee to your credit card. When paying by credit card, the fee amount will appear in a separate box and will be totaled with the amount of the tax. (fee schedule can be found at: http://unibankgov.com/services/unipay-gold/unipay-gold-fees/ )