Kindergarten Registration for 2019-2020 is open!
To register for kindergarten, you will need to complete the following steps:
1. Register online in order to give us pertinent information about your child.
2. After you register, you will be prompted to schedule an appointment.
3. Once you have made an appointment, we will send you 2 items in the mail: An Early Screening Inventory document and a tuition agreement (if applicable). Please have these completed and bring them to your registration appointment.
What should I bring to my Kindergarten Registration Appointment?
- Your child!
- An original birth certificate (with raised seal), driver's license, 2 proof of residency documents
- Completed Early Screening Inventory document (mailed to you)
- Completed Tuition Agreement document (mailed to you)
- Immunization records
- If applicable, any custody documentation
What will happen at my registration appointment?
Each appointment is scheduled to last for 20 minutes. During your appointment, you and your child will meet the principal and assistant principal, and rotate through several stations in order for us to collect information from you.
Parent stations will be:
- Registration paperwork verification
- Tuition agreement collection (if applicable)
Child stations will be:
- Kindergarten screening with a Chandler teacher
- Health record verification and hearing screening
What do I need for proof of residency documentation?
We ask that all families provide two forms of residency documentation. Please refer to the table below and have one form of identification from each group available.
Current Lease – Notarized
Valid Massachusetts Driver’s License/ID with current address (not a change of address sticker)
Current Vehicle Registration
Utility bill – dated within the last 60 days
Payroll Stub – within the last 60 days
Property Tax Bill - dated within past year
Cell Phone Bill
How do I make a deposit for full-day kindergarten?
When you register your child for Kindergarten, you will receive a paper Tuition Agreement from Chandler School. You are asked to pay a deposit at that time and select a payment plan for the remaining balance. You may complete your payments here, based on the plan you selected on that Agreement. If you have any questions about your payment plan, please contact Sue MacNeil (email@example.com).
Please note that paying online can be done via electronic check, Mastercard, or Discover Card. There is 25 cent processing fee for using the electronic check option (less than the cost of a stamp), while the fee the bank charges for credit cards is a percentage of the payment being made. Alternatively, you may send a paper check to Chandler, made payable to Duxbury Public Schools.
Below, you will find a link to the Kindergarten Tuition Policy as well as to some Frequently Asked Questions about tuition.
Important Upcoming Dates for Kindergarten Families
- March 25 - 29 - Kindergarten Registration by appointment
- May 2 - Kindergarten Parent Information Evening@ 7:00