Kindergarten Registration for 2020-2021 is open!
Please note - In person registration appointments scheduled for the week of March 23 have been postponed until further notice. When we return to school, we will reach out to reschedule all appointments.
To register for kindergarten, you will need to complete the following steps:
1. Register online in order to give us pertinent information about your child.
2. After you register, you will be prompted to schedule an appointment.
3. Once you have made an appointment, we will send you 2 items in the mail: An Early Screening Inventory document and a tuition agreement (if applicable). Please have these completed and bring them to your registration appointment.
What should I bring to my Kindergarten Registration Appointment?
- Your child!
- An original birth certificate (with raised seal), driver's license, 2 proof of residency documents from the Registration Checklist
- Completed Early Screening Inventory document (mailed to you)
- Completed Tuition Agreement document (mailed to you)
- Immunization records and a copy of most recent physical exam
- If applicable, any custody documentation
What will happen at my registration appointment?
Each appointment is scheduled to last for 20 minutes. During your appointment, you and your child will meet the principal and assistant principal, and rotate through several stations in order for us to collect information from you.
Parent stations will be:
- Registration paperwork verification
- Tuition agreement collection (if applicable)
Child stations will be:
- Kindergarten screening with a Chandler teacher
- Health record verification and hearing screening
What do I need for proof of residency documentation?
We ask that all families provide two forms of residency documentation. Please refer to the table below and have one form of identification from each group available.
- Current Lease - (A new lease will be required each year)
- Registered Property Deed
- Most Recent Mortgage Payment
- Property Tax Bill (Dated within 1 year)
- Closing Disclosure/Settlement Statement
- Notarized Residency Affidavit (Only if Applicable)
- Utility Bill - Electric, Gas, Water, Oil (Dated within 60 days. Work orders acceptable)
- Cable, Satellite TV, Internet Bill (Dated within 60 days. Work order acceptable)
- Homeowners Insurance Policy
- Renter/Tenant Insurance Policy
How do I make a deposit for full-day kindergarten?
When you register your child for Kindergarten, you will receive a paper Tuition Agreement from Chandler School. You are asked to pay a deposit at that time and select a payment plan for the remaining balance. You may complete your payments here, based on the plan you selected on that Agreement. If you have any questions about your payment plan, please contact Sue MacNeil (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that paying online can be done via electronic check, Mastercard, or Discover Card. There is a 25 cent processing fee for using the electronic check option (less than the cost of a stamp), while the fee the bank charges for credit cards is a percentage of the payment being made. Alternatively, you may send a paper check to Chandler, made payable to Duxbury Public Schools.
Below, you will find a link to the Kindergarten Tuition Policy as well as to some Frequently Asked Questions about tuition.
Important Upcoming Dates for Kindergarten Families
- Kindergarten Registration by appointment will be rescheduled
- May 7 - Kindergarten Parent Information Evening@ 7:00