School Committee Goals 2020-2021
The Duxbury Public Schools have been confronted with unprecedented challenges as a result of the closure of schools in March of 2020, and the return to school in September 2020 with an entirely new “hybrid model” to start the school year. As a result, the challenges for the Duxbury School Committee, and the goals are unique to the current conditions we are facing.
- The School Committee will work with the district’s administration to evaluate and refine the districts operating plans in response to the changing public health conditions impacting school operations.
- The School Committee will support the implementation of the 2019-2022 strategic plan for the District.
- The School Committee, in conjuntion with the Town and community, will support the development of a funding plan to meet the needs of the District going forward.
- The School Committee will work with the district's administration in continuing to refine processes and reporting that enable the members to monitor, evaluate and report on the effectiveness of the school district amd operating plans during the pandemic.
- The School Committee will review district policies, and operating plans, as needed, to ensure that the Duxbury School District policies and operating plans are in line with best practices.
- The School Committee collectively, and School Committee members individually, will endeavor to be available for input and feedback from the community and will advocate for Duxbury’s students and the Duxbury Public School district with residents and town leadership.
- These efforts will include the sharing of accurate and consistent information on district performance, policy, and budget via timely web page information and public announcements, as well as regular attendance at meetings of school and community organizations.
- School Committee members will participate in at least one professional development opportunity during the school year (including possible learning opportunities to improve the School Committee’s effectiveness in monitoring and evaluating school district performance) and report on learning to the School Committee.