School Committee Goals 2018-2019
- The School Committee will support the development of a new three year strategic plan for the District.
- The School Committee will work with the district's administration to refine processes and reporting that enable the members to monitor, evaluate and report on the effectiveness of the school district.
- The School Committee will review district policies, as needed, to ensure that Duxbury School District policies are in line with best practices.
- The School Committee will seek opportunities to communicate and engage with the community and to advocate for the district with residents and town leadership including the sharing of accurate and consistent information on district performance, policy, and budget via timely web page information and public announcements as well as by regularly attending meetings of school and community organizations.
- School Committee members will participate in at least one professional development opportunity during the school year (including possible learning opportunities to improve the School Committee’s effectiveness in monitoring and evaluating school district performance) and report on learning to the School Committee.