Dear Duxbury Community,
I strongly encourage parents, staff, and any members of the greater community to engage in the school budget process. As we consider how to address the myriad of unfunded needs of the Duxbury Public Schools, it is important that the voices of all stakeholders are heard. Below are links to several documents that I think you will find interesting and informative - click to open the following:
- FY'20 School Department Budget Executive Summary (this is a must-read).
- Superintendent's PowerPoint Presentation to the School Committee
- FY'20 Budget Financial Exhibits
- FY'20 Budget Detail (Excel spreadsheets)
The presentation of the Superintendent’s Budget is only the first step in the budget process. Please find below some important budget-specific meeting dates where you can learn more about the budget, and also have a voice.
- Tuesday, November 13: Finance Committee meeting - 7:00 pm at the Duxbury Senior Center
- Wednesday, November 14: School Committee Meeting - 7:00 pm in Alden, Room 104
- Saturday, March 9: Annual Town Meeting – 9:00 am in the Performing Arts Center
Please let me know if you have any questions about this budget or about any other school-related matter. I can be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 781-934-7600, ext. 2906. Thank you for your continued support of the Duxbury Public Schools.
John J. Antonucci, Superintendent