Happy May! May is the month of Mothers, since May 8th is Mother's Day! The book below is a great story about how a parent's love can transform the world for a child. Enjoy!
Check out this great audiobook:
The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn
From Storyline Online: "School is starting in the forest, but Chester Raccoon does not want to go. To help ease Chester's fears, Mrs. Raccoon shares a family secret called the Kissing Hand to give him the reassurance of her love any time his world feels a little scary."
If you have any books you'd like to share with me, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your amazing book ideas!
Also, if you're looking for something to work on to help your child's reading, you could practice working with these words:
Some Activities To Do With These Words:
1) Student reads the word, then writes it while saying the letter names out loud
2) Student reads the word, then writes the word on a whiteboard, and traces over the letters with his/her finger or marker while saying the letter names out loud
3) Student reads the word, then writes it in the air with his/her two fingers while saying the letter names out loud
4) Make flashcards and have the student read each flashcard. Put the ones that he/she gets incorrect in a pile and practice those words next time
5) The student creates a sentence with the word (he/she can write it or just say it out loud)
6) Give the student a few words and he/she has to make a sentence
Alden Reading Specialist