Happy March! As the year goes on, we are learning more and more about each other and celebrating our differences. This is a great story that celebrates differences through the types of food we like to eat.
Check out this great audiobook:
Carla's Sandwich by Debbie Herman
From Storyline Online: "When Carla brings weird sandwiches to school, her classmates have plenty to say about them. “That’s sick!” says Leslie. “That’s disgusting!” says Natie. But Carla thinks otherwise. “It’s unique. It’s creative.” - Just like Carla."
If you have any books you'd like to share with me, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your amazing book ideas!
Also, if you're looking for something to work on to help your child's reading, you could practice working with these words:
Some Activities To Do With These Words:
1) Student reads the word, then writes it while saying the letter names out loud
2) Student reads the word, then writes the word on a whiteboard, and traces over the letters with his/her finger or marker while saying the letter names out loud
3) Student reads the word, then writes it in the air with his/her two fingers while saying the letter names out loud
4) Make flashcards and have the student read each flashcard. Put the ones that he/she gets incorrect in a pile and practice those words next time
5) The student creates a sentence with the word (he/she can write it or just say it out loud)
6) Give the student a few words and he/she has to make a sentence
Alden Reading Specialist