Happy December! It's a month of fun holidays!
Check out this great audiobook about different holidays:
Celebrate! The Holidays by Sophia Day
If you have any books you'd like to share with me, please email me at email@example.com with your amazing book ideas!
Also, if you're looking for something to work on to help your child's reading, you could practice working with these words:
Some Activities To Do With These Words:
1) Student reads the word, then writes it while saying the letter names out loud
2) Student reads the word, then writes the word on a whiteboard, and traces over the letters with his/her finger or marker while saying the letter names out loud
3) Student reads the word, then writes it in the air with his/her two fingers while saying the letter names out loud
4) Make flashcards and have the student read each flashcard. Put the ones that he/she gets incorrect in a pile and practice those words next time
5) The student creates a sentence with the word (he/she can write it or just say it out loud)
6) Give the student a few words and he/she has to make a sentence
Alden Reading Specialist