Dear Families,The following is a list of suggestions that will help you and your child make a smooth transition into our Kindergarten program here at Chandler:
1. Please have your child wear his/her name tag for the first two weeks of school. This will make it easier for our teachers to successfully help them navigate from the bus to our class line outside. We will be collecting the name tags at the end of the two weeks. At that time, they will be ready to transition to meeting us in our classroom.
2. Your child will need to bring a large backpack to school each day with a nutritious snack and drink separate from their lunch. Please include a napkin and any utensils your child might need. You are encouraged to sign up to prepay all lunches your child will purchases online. Follow the lunch link on my teacher page and come in to see Mrs. Duffy in the main office if you need your child's account number.
3. Comfortable clothing is the best choice for Kindergarten attire. Our program is hands-on and active. Also, please make sure to label their jackets, backpacks, hats, etc.
4. As per school policy, any changes to your child's normal dismissal plans have to be made in writing. If you plan to pick up your child from school, a note is necessary.
5. All toys and stuffed animals belonging to your child are best left at home. Sorry! Exceptions are made only when celebrating their birthday or Pajama Day:)
6. All visitors (including student's parents) must show an ID at the main entrance and sign in at the office and obtain a visitor's pass before visiting our room.
7. If your child is absent from school, he/she needs to bring a note explaining the absence upon returning to school. Children may return to school after being fever free for 24 hours and healthy enough to continue their school activities safely. Please remember, no medicine of any kind should be sent to school with your child.
8. Volunteers are encouraged, welcomed, and greatly appreciated in our class! Please make sure you have completed a state CORI form and have cleared. Then, wait to hear from our class parents who will be guided by the PTA on procedures. We will be using Volunteer Spot for signing up for opportunities.We are looking forward to a fantastic year with you and your child. Our partnership and open communication will make a difference in your child's education.Respectfully,Mrs. Smith, Mrs. Powers, and Mrs. White