Join us in educating kids on how to use the internet and other 21st century tools with safety and care. Teach kids to:
- Keep yourself safe! Interact safely with others online.
- Think before you post. You can't take it back! Kids need to know/learn that what is posted is permanent.
- Avoid overuse or repetitive use of online sites. It can lead to bad/risky behavior.
- Not everything you read is true, remember to question what you read.
- Treat people kindly. Do not post unkind or hurtful words and/or pictures.
- Help protect others. Report bad online behavior to an adult.
- Access kid friendly sites. Avoid inappropriate material. If you are unsure, ask an adult.
- Have fun, be safe and be kind.
- Resource, Embrace Civility in the Digital Age, Protecting Children in the 21st Century,
Nancy Willard, 2011
Acceptable Use Guidelines