Getting Ready for the First Day of School
1. You will receive a name tag on visiting day. Please have your child wear it for the first week of school. This assists us tremendously in safely navigating from the bus to the classroom. Please hang your child's bus pass on their backpack.
2. Please have your child bring a backpack to school each day. Projects and notices come home on a daily basis, so make sure to check their green folder daily.
3. Please pack a small, nutritious snack and provide all necessary utensils. Make sure your child knows the difference between their snack and lunch. All students should come to school every day with a disposable water bottle.
4. Please dress your child appropriately for messy, as well as outdoor play. We will be going outside frequently.
5. Please label your child's removable belongings. All toys are best when left home.
6. All visitors must be signed in at the office and wear a visitor badge. A license must be shown before entering the building.
7. Any changes to your child's normal dismissal plans must be made in writing to Mrs. Mahoney on that particular day. Please use the Dismissal Notes which can be printed from the Chandler website. Emails are a wonderful way to communicate with me regarding issues that are not time sensitive. As soon as the children arrive, I am busy teaching and not available to access my email. Therefore, dismissal notes should NOT be sent via email.
8. If your child is absent from school, a note or email explaining the absence must be provided upon return. Please review proper hand washing procedures at home.
9. Birthdays are very special days in kindergarten! Chandler celebrates birthdays with a song, pencil and sticker. Please do not send in any goodies or invitations. Classroom parents will organize a classroom list with all necessary contact information in the fall, which will assist you in your party planning.
10. We will visit the library every Thursday. Please make sure to return your book on or before library day.
11. Please make sure your child has sneakers for P.E. on Tuesday and Thursday.
12. Please send in a 2 inch, three ring binder with 30 clear plastic sheet protectors. You will receive it back at the end of the school year. A binder with a clear plastic cover is best. Please also send in headphones (ipad compatible), labeled for your child to use during the school year.
Additional Wish List Items
Clear Plastic Sheet Protectors, Stickers, Napkins, Plastic Utensils, Paper Towels, Cleaning Spray, Hand Soap, Sidewalk Chalk, Playdough, Kinetic Sand
Thank you in advance for your cooperation. I am looking forward to a wonderful year! Please visit this website frequently!