7th & 8th Grade Green Orchestra
The Green Orchestra is made up of students in the 7th and 8th grade. Green Orchestra is the natural progression for students from the sixth grade orchestra. Students in the Green Orchestra who do not take a private lesson must participate in the school lesson program that meets during the orchestra class.Expectations
Students are expected to attend all concerts and performances as stated in the schedule.
Concert dress for 7th & 8th grade students at all concerts is nice Black Pants and White Tops
Excuse notes are required one week in advance of expected absence.General Rules:
- No homework/book reading during rehearsal
- You may eat/drink only prior to rehearsal
- You must throw away all trash or there will be no drinks allowed at all
- Never leave the classroom without asking for the pass
- Violins and violas should keep their empty instrument cases in their lockers during orchestra
Students are expected to come to class ready to rehearse – this means:
- Spend time out of class on the music being rehearsed
- Bring a pencil
- Keep your instrument in good working condition
- Always put forth your best effort
- Have a supportive and positive attitude towards the music and each other
- Wait quietly while other sections are working
- Do not talk during rehearsal and while the conductor is speaking
- In sectionals, listen to the section leader
- Have an open attitude towards music that is unfamiliar
- Forgetting your instrument means you cannot participate in class and it will affect your grade.
- You are graded on your effort, playing, and participation. Talking, being disruptive, missing entrances, not playing, etc… will affect your grade.
- There is no chewing gum, food, or cell phones allowed in class.
2019 - 2020 Concert Dates:
- 60% is based on daily assessment: effort, playing of music, attitude and participation
- 30% is based on playing checks of the rehearsal music and quizzes
- 10% is based on performance in the concert
Holiday Concert - Thursday, December 5th @ 7:00
All String Night - Tuesday, March 24th @ 7:00
Spring Concert - Thursday, May 21st @ 7:00Sam Schmetterer Nick Tatarkasschmetterer@duxbury.k12.ma.us firstname.lastname@example.org