Music Technology II
The Music Technology courses are designed to teach students how to use the MIDI workstation to create and publish their own music. Once students have successfully completed Music Technology they are able to take Music Technology II. In Music Tech II, students begin to use the MIDI workstation creatively by writing more advanced music for use in a variety of situations. Projects in Music Technology II consist of movie trailers, jingles, and commercials.
Music Technology II and up require the previous class respectively.
Course Curriculum Content:
- Use the sequencer software and DAW to create full-length musical compositions using multiple sounds and tracks.
- Use music software to write, record, engineer, and mix music
- Use music software to write music for sync with visual media
Assessment / Grading:
- Daily Observations: 50%
- Compositions: 50%
Links to Class used software:
- Apple Logic
- Pro Tools – Professional Digital Audio Program
- Steinberg (Cubase)- Mac/Pc Generic Sequencing
Music Notation Software:
MIDI & Tech Hardware: