Music Technology I
The Music Technology courses are designed to teach students how to use the MIDI workstation to create and publish their own music. Students in Music Technology I begin with the basics of music creation through technology with a focus on software functions and musical elements.
Music Technology is available to all students without prerequisite.
Course Curriculum Content:
- Introduction to the equipment, synthesizers, software, MIDI and piano basics.
- Rhythm notation and creation of drum beats for all styles.
- Create melodies with musical phrases and form
- Study and create Blues compositions and other forms.
- Use the sequencer software and DAW to create full-length musical compositions using multiple sounds and tracks.
Assessment / Grading:
- Daily Observations: 50%
- Compositions: 50%
Links to Class used software:
- Apple Logic
- Pro Tools – Professional Digital Audio Program
- Steinberg (Cubase)- Mac/Pc Generic Sequencing