Music Business is a survey class designed to cover all aspects of the Music and Entertainment Industry. Students will be guided through the many different careers of the Entertainment Business and the responsibilities of those careers. In addition, the class discusses the basic legalities of the Music Industry covering such topics as contracts, negotiations, royalties, copyright, and trademarks. Classes will also cover new trends in the Music Business.
The Music Business Class is open to all students without prerequisite and regardless of performance ability. The class is designed for those students who wish a greater knowledge of The Industry as well as those students with inspiration to study business after high school.
- Library of Congress
- Patent and Trademark Office
- United States Copyright Office
- American Society Of Composers Authors and Publisher
- Broadcast Music International
- Recording Institute Association of America
- American Federation of Musicians
- The Smoking Gun
- Copyright Infringement