In addition to performing ensembles, the Duxbury High School Music Department also offers non-performance elective courses for students who want to further their knowledge of music.
- Music Technology and Music Technology II/III teach students about composing, recording, and notation music using Midi workstations in our computer lab.
- Music Business is a survey course designed to give the student a broad overview of the music business through contracts, management, etc.
- Piano Lab is an opportunity for students to further piano skills - beginning to advanced students can benefit from this course!
- Music in Film is a comprehensive overview of how music is created and implemented in films and media, and how it impacts movies.
- Music Theory is an advanced course for students with prior music performing experience to further their knowledge of the structure and fundamentals of music.