Open House Information Fall 2020
Thank you to those of you who were able to join us virtually for Open House last night. For those of you who couldn’t make it, here are some key points from the presentation. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.
- Please line up along the baseball field until a preschool staff member waves the car line down. This will reduce the potential for blocking in cars that may be leaving or arriving during those times.
- Please display your child’s name sign clearly in your front or side window. The easier those signs are to see, the quicker we can have your children ready to head out to you.
- Family members picking up should exit the car to buckle and/or unbuckle their child safely.
- Just a reminder that 2 cars at a time will be unloading or loading so that children are not walking through parking spots or the parking lot.
General Health and Safety Reminders
- Dropping your child off indicates that they are healthy and not demonstrating signs of illness. If your child is sick, please keep them home.
- If you are keeping your child hope for any reason, please fill out the Preschool Absence Form (located on side tab on Teacher webpage). This will help us to keep all absences in one place.
- Dale Byrne, RN is the nurse for Chandler PreK – 2. Please see her Health webpage – under the student services tab on the Chandler website – for health related protocols and guidance for when you sick child may return to school.
- Reminder – per new state guidance, all children in schools are required to have their flu shots by 12/31/2020. Please contact the school nurse with any questions or concerns.
- Our classroom is NUT FREE due to peanut and tree nut allergies. Please be aware of this when sending snacks. If you have not sent in the allergy acknowledgement form, please do so.
- Our daily class schedule can be viewed on this website at the Daily Schedule tab.
- We follow the MA DESE Curriculum Frameworks when planning classroom curriculum
- We use a multi-sensory approach to instruction allowing children to participate in safe, hands-on exploration across activities to build connections between new experiences and past knowledge.
- We use materials from programs including Wilson Fundations, Handwriting Without Tears and Social Thinking that students will also be exposed to when they enter the elementary school years.
Technology and Planning for Remote Learning
- Seesaw is an online portfolio building tool with various interactive features for students and a family connection component. While we are in person learning, I would like to use the family app to keep families connected with real time pictures from our classroom and additional updates like class books or videos of our monthly songs. Families will be asked to download an app and login as family members. Information will be going home at the beginning of October.
- Preschoolers are set up with Clever accounts – as all Chandler students are – that will allow them to access various online learning subscriptions as students through 1 main login. These resources will be available to all students, and will be used at our preschool level if the district makes the decision to follow a Remote Learning Model. Information about this login will be going home in the next several weeks.