General Guidance Office Questions
- What is the process to get a work permit?
- Students should email Mrs. Anderson at email@example.com in order to receive a work permit. Permits will be processed Monday-Friday during regular school hours and are typically available 24 hours once all paperwork has been submitted.
- What if I just graduated and my college says they have not yet received my transcript?
- Counselors sent all senior (class of 2020) transcripts by Naviance to colleges on June 30th. If you did not complete your senior exit survey to let us know the college you planned to attend or changed the school choice after please let us know so we can check. Contact your Guidance Counselor or Mrs Anderson with any questions.
- How do I make an appointment with my Guidance Counselor?
- Students need to email their Guidance Counselor directly to request an appointment. They can meet in person with their counselor on the day they are in school or can meet remotely on a remote day or if in cohort C.
Post Secondary Planning Questions
- Will Duxbury be hosting the ACT and SAT this year?
- We have cancelled all SAT and ACT Saturday test administrations for the entire 2020-2021 academic year at Duxbury High School. Students who are registered for a test here must contact ACT or Collegeboard directly to ask any questions about refunds or changes in location. Duxbury High School will host a school day administration for DHS students ONLY who have registered on October 14th. We plan to host an additional date in March 2021. PSAT's for DHS students only will be held on October 17th. This is the only administration for this exam.