Getting Ready for the First Day!
- Your child will receive a name tag on visiting day. Please have your child wear it for the first week of school. This assists us tremendously in safely navigating from the bus to the classroom. Please hang your child's bus pass on their backpack. Please dress your child for appropriately for messy and outdoor play. We will be going outside frequently.
- Please label your child's belongings. All toys should be left at home.
- All visitors must be signed in at the office and wear a visitor badge. A license must be shown before entering the building.
- I will send monthly newsletters via email to keep you informed about the curriculum we will cover and any special events or topics in our room.
- Please feel free to email me at email@example.com. I typically check email before and after school.
- Visit my teacher page on the Chandler website for more information and updates about our class and learning!
- Each student has a green folder for classwork, homework, and notes that go to and from school.
- Please help your child remember to check their folder after school and return it to school every day.
Snack and Lunch
- We will eat snack every morning in the classroom. Please send in a snack that your child can manage independently in about 15 minutes. All utensils necessary should be provided.
- It can be helpful to pack the snack in a bag that is separate from lunch.
- If you are interested in having your child buy lunch, please visit the Duxbury Public Schools website to see prices, menus, and to set up a lunch account if you don't already have one.
- Please have your child wear sneakers on Monday and Thursdays for P.E.
- We will visit the library every Monday. Please help your child remember to return their book on or before library day.
- Students will enjoy celebrating their birthday with their classmates. We will sing in class and the birthday boy/girl will be given a special birthday badge and pencil.
- We ask that you do not send in birthday treats or pass out party invitations at school.
- Please send your child to school with a note via your child’s green folder or call the school office if there is a change in their dismissal plan. As soon as the children arrive, I am busy teaching and not available to access my email. Therefore, dismissal notes should NOT be sent via email.
- If your child is absent from school, please send in a note via green folder upon your child’s return explaining the absence.
- Throughout the day we have the opportunity to utilize iPads and computers for activities that enhance our learning. Please send your child to school with headphones that they can use and be comfortable with.
- Please send in a 2 inch, three-ring binder with 30 clear plastic sheet protectors. You will receive it back at the end of the school year. A binder with a clear plastic cover is best.
- There are several items that we tend to go through quickly during the school year such as pencils, Clorox wipes, paper towels, tissues, and Purell hand wipes/hand sanitizer. If you wish to donate any of these items we greatly appreciate it!
We are excited for an awesome year of learning.
Ms. Rodrigues & Ms. Kenney