7th & 8th Grade White Orchestra
The White Orchestra is made up of 7th and 8th grade students who study privately. The White Orchestra performs difficult music that requires students to practice daily. There will be auditions every term. Students considering White Orchestra should be able to play through most of Essential Elements Book 2 and play the scales C, G, D, F, and Bb. The White Orchestra will require an extra rehearsal after school each week on Mondays from 2:45-3:45.
Click the link below to get a list of Private Lesson Teachers for the 2012-2013 School Year!
Students are expected to attend all concerts and performances as stated in the schedule.
Excuse notes are required one week in advance of expected absence.
- No homework/book reading during rehearsal
- You may eat/drink only prior to rehearsal
- You must throw away all trash or there will be no drinks allowed at all
- Never leave the classroom without asking for the pass
- Put your instrument in the instrument room….. not on the floor
Students are expected to come to class ready to rehearse – this means:
- Spend time out of class on the music being rehearsed
- Bring a Pencil
- Keep your instrument in good working condition
- Always put forth your best effort
- Have a supportive and positive attitude towards the music and each other
- Wait quietly while other sections are working
- Do not talk while the conductor is speaking
- In sectionals, listen to the section leader
- Have an open attitude towards music that is unfamiliar
- Forgetting your instrument means you cannot participate in class and it will affect your grade.
- You are graded on your effort, playing, and participation. Talking, being disruptive, missing entrances, not playing, etc… will affect your grade.
- There is no chewing gum, food, or cell phones allowed in class.
- 60% is based on daily assessment: effort, playing of music, attitude and participation
- 30% is based on playing checks of the rehearsal music and quizzes
- 10% is based on performance in the concert
2012 - 2013 Concert Dates:
Holiday Concert - Wednesday, December 5th @ 7:30
All String Night - Tuesday, February 12th @ 7:30
Spring Concert - Thursday, May 23rd @ 7:30