View a list of recent Wind Ensemble Accomplishments
The Wind Ensemble is an advanced ensemble open to all band students by audition only. Wind Ensemble members need to have the technical and musical skill required to perform grade level 5 and 6 literature. The Wind Ensemble has performed at Carnegie Hall, the MENC Eastern Division Conference, MMEA conference and various other award winning festivals. Weekly private lessons are required.
Students are expected to attend all concerts and performances as stated in the schedule.
Excuse notes are required one week in advance of expected absence.
Please see Music Handbook for other specific attendance policies.
Students are expected to come to class prepared with music and instrument.
When there are attendance conflicts:
- Sports Game over Band Rehearsal
- Band Concert over Sports Practice
- Sports Game and Band Concert/ Performance
- Try to make both or see Mr. Madru or Ms. Noerenberg ASAP
Rules that are simple but important:
- No homework/book reading during rehearsal…not on the stand or floor
- You may eat/drink only prior to rehearsal… you know why…. your poor horn!!!
- You must throw away all trash.or there will be no drinks allowed at all
- Never leave the classroom without asking for the pass
- Put your instrument in the instrument room….. not on the floor….or wherever
- Do not play with percussion equipment….we finally have some beautiful instruments!!!
Students are expected to come to class ready to rehearse – this means:
- Spend time out of class on the music being rehearsed
- Bring a Pencil…why is this so hard?
- Keep your instrument in good working condition
- Always put forth all your effort
- Have a supportive and positive attitude towards the music and each other
- Wait quietly while other sections are working
- Do not talk while the conductor is speaking
- In sectionals, listen to the section leader
- Have an open attitude towards music that is unfamiliar