Music Technology III
The Music Technology courses are designed to teach students how to use the MIDI workstation to create and publish their own music. Music Technology III offers advanced projects for those students who have completed Music Tech I & II.
Music Technology is available to all students without prerequisite. Music Technology II & III requires the previous class respectively.
Course Curriculum Content:
- Introduction to the equipment, synthesizers, software, MIDI and piano basics.
- Use of the notation software “Finale” to reproduce songs and create original compositions.
- Rhythm notation and creation of drum beats for all styles.
- Use of “Band in a Box” (accompaniment sequencer) to create standard MIDI files and support music creation.
- Advance uses of “Finale” including real time entry and multi-staff voicing.
- Create melodies with musical phrases and form
- Study and create Blues compositions and other forms.
- Use the sequencer software “Cubase” to create full-length musical compositions using multiple sounds and tracks.
Assessment / Grading:
- Daily Observations: 60%
- Compositions: 40%
- Cakewalk – PC Windows sequencing and digital audio programs
- Mark Of The Unicorn – Mac OS sequencing and digital audio
- Pro Tools – Professional Digital Audio Program
- Steinberg (Cubase)- Mac/Pc Generic Sequencing
- Cubase Trouble Shooting 1
- Cubase Trouble Shooting 2