Music Technology II
The Music Technology courses are designed to teach students how to use the MIDI workstation to create and publish their own music. Once students have successfully completed Music Technology I they are able to take Music Technology II. In Music Tech II, students begin to use the MIDI workstation creatively by writing more advanced music for use in a variety of situations. Projects in Music Technology II consist of movie trailers, jingles and commercials.
Music Technology II & III require the previous class respectively.
Course Curriculum Content:
- Introduction to the equipment, synthesizers, software, MIDI and piano basics.
- Use of the notation software “Finale” to reproduce songs and create original compositions.
- Rhythm notation and creation of drum beats for all styles.
- Use of “Band in a Box” (accompaniment sequencer) to create standard MIDI files and support music creation.
- Advance uses of “Finale” including real time entry and multi-staff voicing.
- Create melodies with musical phrases and form
- Study and create Blues compositions and other forms.
- Use the sequencer software “Cubase” to create full-length musical compositions using multiple sounds and tracks.
Assessment / Grading:
- Daily Observations: 60%
- Compositions: 40%
- Cakewalk – PC Windows sequencing and digital audio programs
- Mark Of The Unicorn – Mac OS sequencing and digital audio
- Pro Tools – Professional Digital Audio Program
- Steinberg (Cubase)- Mac/Pc Generic Sequencing
- Cubase Trouble Shooting 1
- Cubase Trouble Shooting 2